BUILD THREAD 84 Regal back half/caged/mini tubbed lq4/4l80e build

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
What is the rear tire to wheel size? Looks like in the pictures that the rim is too wide for the tread width.
Which picture were you referring to, the one with the welds? If so then yes they definitely are lol those were just nascar style slicks I had on the shelf, only thing I had on hand to fit 15x14 to temporarily drive it and load it up when purchased lol, Since its minitubbed and has shortened axle tubes, and quarter panel edges are cut, it’s going to look silly either way though lol my dilemma with 15s is they are either wide and short or taller and thinner unless I buy some specialty size pro street Mickey Thompsons for $4-500each 😑 now
Im Running 15x10s 3.75BS with 295/50/15 steelies, the 15x8 would Bunch the tire up, even though I prefer the look of a bulged sidewall, it’s not ideal for tread wear, still Have 3 inch wheel studs, im thinking of making or buying a plate that goes between the axle and rim to space them further out towards the quarter panel like 2 inches, assuming it will be safer than just wheel spacers that bolt to studs, and than have studs in them To bolt to rim, but I may also just lower the rear suspension one more hole to hide the gap a little more, small issue when going from 15 x14 32” slicks to street tires

** the 15x6s are actually crager super lite 2s**
I purchased these separately from some one , but the 15x14 and 15x4s I need to figure out if they are authentic now that I’ve been looking into it, all 6 have the free floating inner rings and are not one piece cast, they all
Have dual bolt patterns which is also weird for knock offs and use shank style lug nuts, The 15x14s say “nisin” stamped on the inside of the rim to me is a Chinese casting 🤷🏻‍♂️
Pretty sure they’re all the cragers

Attachments

• IMG_2968.jpeg
    IMG_2968.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What’s the backspacing on the 15x15’s?

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
so after finishing everything up, engine temps are spot on, fans cool well, ignition wires are great no melting,

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpeg
    IMG_3082.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3083.jpeg
    IMG_3083.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3085.jpeg
    IMG_3085.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3088.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Updates!

So I installed the trans cooler today, true cool 40k, bypassed the radiator because this is only a summer car, won’t see temperatures below 32, and yes I’ve read every single thing about about using the radiator water cools better first and what not, but for me I would rather not risk any cross contamination with an off brand radiator, temps are pretty stable at 140, shifts are nice and smooth, over all huge difference in drivability and the way the trans reacts.

called fitech and it came out to be a bad map sensor, key on should read around 90-100 kph, mine was shorted out internally or just crapped the bed, key on it would be at 90, and than jump around all over the place after 2-5 seconds,

Standard part number replacement is 12592525

FROM WHAT IVE LEARNED WITH USING THE FITECH ULTIMATE LS-

REPLACE ALL THE CHEAP CRAP SENSORS THE KIT COMES WITH!!

I’ve changed the tps, now map, and going to do the iac as well, every single one went bad within 3 months of use

Attachments

• IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Sounds like you've made lots of good progress and might've found the source of your gremlins, which is always nice.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Fuel pressure wandering 20 psi on an MA setup is definitely going to cause issues.

Regarding sensors, I used to buy new.
But after several issues, I’m confident that used OEM always seem to be the most reliable.

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
well, cars up for sale, im over it, I guess you can say it was more about the build and something to keep my mind occupied during some rough times and now that its mostly done, I just don’t enjoy the project car life anymore, or the headache of things going wrong, ive always wanted build a car from pretty much scratch and now I can say I have and checked that off my bucket list, especially this car in particular, good memories now have turned to a remembrance of bad times and the past, and I don’t want to end up hating the car.

Thank you for all the knowledgable input, expertise, tips and tricks, following along and guiding me through this build, coming to realize it was never about the destination just the journey getting there.

A c5 vette, or a stock 87 GN will be in my future
❤️🤘🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor