'85 442 that I purchased near Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

85blacksalon

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2011
Thanks, I got the same spindles on the bench, waiting for the Wisconsin winter to break a bit. Do you have any rubbing when you turn with the new wheels?

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
85blacksalon said:
Thanks, I got the same spindles on the bench, waiting for the Wisconsin winter to break a bit. Do you have any rubbing when you turn with the new wheels?
Yes I did.....I ended up having to do some modifications to my inner fender but I can't afford changing rims or tires and I love the look so it was worth it. I didn't have any problems at all with the rear.

finman04

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2011
Roseville Mi.
Congrats on the car, Looks awesome. Love the wheels but I would have stuck with the stock ride height. Really like how it sits by in the picture of stock height.

Nightmare

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
Milwaukee, Wi.
That does look badass. When I can pick up my next gbody, I'm coming to the Chicago area first. Seems they're all over the place, down there. Haha.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
finman04 said:
Congrats on the car, Looks awesome. Love the wheels but I would have stuck with the stock ride height. Really like how it sits by in the picture of stock height.
I somewhat agree after doing a double take, still looks awesome:
6bf05d9b186864bc9b092d4c4aea8191_zpsa257395b.jpg

rose350 said:
After the 2" drop
d607a2baa42b5c2f6fbbb2e665134b18_zpsddcde8d7.jpg

Patriotgamez

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2014
I'm not a big fan of the woodgrain either, silver looks better as a factory option (IMO) over the burlwood??? or whatever it is called. I dig your custom black overlays...nice touch to a custom build.

Messy91

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2014
im liking the drop.. gives it a little more of a meaner look.. gold&black is nice, louvers on the fenders dont really fit with the drop.. but all in all its tight.. more inspiration for me, goodwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor