86 Monte Carlo SS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
Been awhile since I updated my build thread so here's a couple things Ive done so far
- 4 new Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks
- Replaced the Lock-up Solenoid in my trans thats hooked up to a switch in my console
- Installed new throttle cable bracket since my universal one was literally coming apart
- Painted my air cleaner lid since the chrome was getting really discolored and looked awful
- Installed an Auto-Meter tach and come to find out my factory tach was off by over 500 RPM's at idle
- Replaced my doors with a pair off of a parts car since on mine the previous owner was a little too bondo happy and was starting to break off and crack

Attachments

• Tach.jpg
    Tach.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 775
  • Monte engine upgrade.jpg
    Monte engine upgrade.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 785

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
lookin good. question . does ur tach bounce and is it crackin the plastic? I did the same , but made a steel plate on the back side for support. seemed to help some what for me. axld

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
Thanks I'm trying haha I am a beginner at best. No the tach doesn't bounce I made a plate that mounts on the inside of the housing just for the flimsy plastic alone would never be able to handle the weight and the constant bouncing around.

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
Making a dash to mount my aftermarket gauges. I am fiber glassing the pod to add strength so I can mount the piece of smoked lexan that I am using to mount my gauges to. Im still a newbie so this is definitely a learning experiance

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 568
  • dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 562
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 556
  • dash3.jpg
    dash3.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 570

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
MightyCarlo86 said:
Getting ready to drop

What brand of headers are those ? an are they coated/painted or what? i am looking to get some stainless steel mid length headers for 1984 monte carlo

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
MightyCarlo86 said:
Thanks I'm trying haha I am a beginner at best. No the tach doesn't bounce I made a plate that mounts on the inside of the housing just for the flimsy plastic alone would never be able to handle the weight and the constant bouncing around.
I am flip flopping myself over installing analog gauges vs a digital ( Dakota digital) . I like to have them back in the original location , right in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor