87 442 clone build (just started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I can't do wiring either. I would have to have a shop do it. And shops cost too much for me unless its in a buddys shop done together in an evening or weekend. My 442 509 Caddy swap was carbed so no wiring issues. It also used the factory 200-4R so all I had to do was heat & beat a little room for duals on the crossmember while it was up on the lift. Sounds crude but it only took 20 minutes and with a little spray paint looked shockingly good. :oops: :mrgreen: An LT1 & 4l60E would be too much work & expense for the reward for me. I gots to keep it fairly simple & cheap.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Painless makes a nice harness. I've used theirs and Street & Performance. Both save a TON of time over modifying a factory piece. I'm at the tail end of an LT1 swap in my brother's pickup and have probably 10 hours just in the harness at this point.

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Looking good, I know what you mean as far as hard times I couldn't afford a 200.00 trans for my 87 442 it satinthe garage
for 8 months. A fellow gbody owner sold me a cz code from a 87 monte he had on one of his projects (Thanks Gerald) :D
know i'm installing it slowly but surely.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
Hey guys it is a driver now and has been for a while, I have a problem thou, I need some LT1 exhaust flanges to convert my exhaust from sbc manifold flange to LT1 flange. I had it at the body shop for almost a year and the guy tried to sell my car to his brother saying that he could contact me to pay but he didn't nothing to my car. I now have it home and getting ready to replace t top components and start to install my interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor