87 Turbo -T limited stolen in South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Hey everyone, new to this forum and my car was unfortunately taken a few years ago, but you never know where it might show up. :shock:

1987 Buick Turbo -T Limited black car with WO2 blackout package, factory power sunroof, grey cloth 60/40 split bench, digital dash car.

Car was stolen on 6/8/2010 from a gated community in Coral Springs, Florida at about 2am last 4 of Vin # is 5725

Again, this has been a few years now and I have followed so many CL and forum ads hoping to identify stolen parts with no luck.

Car was insured, but had collector insurance. Since it was in the driveway and not in the garage I got nothing :wtf:

Below are some pics I took about a week before it disappeared.

Thanks to anyone here who can help......

Attachments

• IMG_5964.JPG
    IMG_5964.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,345
  • IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_5980.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,316
  • IMG_5972.JPG
    IMG_5972.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,280

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Damn that is a rare 1. I have a black limited with Black out trim but a solid roof car.
I have another Black limited Hard top with Chrome trim as well.
Jason in MT has one as well. He has a moon roof but chrome trim.
He just got his back on the road.

Not too many 87 Limited's with black & black out floating around. That will stand out pretty quick if any one was to part or sell it.
Good luck & do not give up on it.

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Thanks, it is a rare one. The Limited you have with chrome I think was purchased out of south florida from my buddy Dave P. He shared a warehouse next door to me for about a year. I actually was going to buy that car from him but came up a little short on the $.... I actually just purchased another black limited with WO2 and sunroof out of Boston area just like the one that was stolen. Only difference is this one has the leather interior instead of the cloth.

Glad to hear there are other black blackout limited's out there, for a long time I thought I had the only one, then when that one got gone figured I would never see another. Got lucky and found another, will post pics when it gets shipped....

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Best of luck & I'll keep my eye out for it. I had a nice gbody stolen and its a disheartening experience. Seems you were stole from twice.. I would post the name of the Insurance company that built that clause into their policy. Doesn't sound like the agent found a way to go to bat for you either. I would cost them more in lost business than that claim would have cost them and I would have let them and the agent know that in advance of officially turning down my claim. My insurance company paid up and allowed me to buy it back cheap when the police found it. It was stolen from an office parking lot around 2 pm after I knew how easy it is to break into them but before I knew how easy & quick it is to strip a column. Now I have a simple but effective clam shell lock over my column. BTW I had a P&C license for 15 years.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
GRIFF442 said:
Thanks, it is a rare one. The Limited you have with chrome I think was purchased out of south florida from my buddy Dave P. He shared a warehouse next door to me for about a year. I actually was going to buy that car from him but came up a little short on the $.... I actually just purchased another black limited with WO2 and sunroof out of Boston area just like the one that was stolen. Only difference is this one has the leather interior instead of the cloth.

Glad to hear there are other black blackout limited's out there, for a long time I thought I had the only one, then when that one got gone figured I would never see another. Got lucky and found another, will post pics when it gets shipped....

Yep Dave P's old car. Dropped it & hasn't even moved.
Make sure you post pics when you get it in. Was the 1 in Boston for sale on TB.com ebay or?

I think Dogshit is right you were robbed twice.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
GRIFF442 said:
Car was insured, but had collector insurance. Since it was in the driveway and not in the garage I got nothing :wtf:
Collector insurance -- was it Haggarty? If not, what company was it?

I hope you went through your insurance policy with a fine toothed comb and made sure that condition was in the policy. Underwriters's don't like to pay out -- even if they have to fool people. Sometimes you just have to say no and threaten legal action before they actually pay out. If you haven't done so, go look at your policy and if you don't see that condition please call a lawyer!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Unfortunately most provinces and states have a one year limitation rule in the laws with property insurance claims.

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
dogshit said:
Seems you were stole from twice.. I would post the name of the Insurance company that built that clause into their policy.
The insurance company was Heacock Classic Insurance. I have since changed all my cars and everyone else I know in local car clubs to switch companies. Be aware though that every collector car policy I have seen specifies the vehicle to be garage kept, that is why they are so affordable is all the rules associated with them. I am currently with American Collector Car insurance, fortunately I have not had to make a claim, but my brother in law smacked up his El twice and they took good care of him both times. :D

454muscle said:
hope you went through your insurance policy with a fine toothed comb and made sure that condition was in the policy. Underwriters's don't like to pay out -- even if they have to fool people. Sometimes you just have to say no and threaten legal action before they actually pay out. If you haven't done so, go look at your policy and if you don't see that condition please call a lawyer!
GRIFF442 said:
Collector insurance -- was it Haggarty? If not, what company was it?

I hope you went through your insurance policy with a fine toothed comb and made sure that condition was in the policy. Underwriters's don't like to pay out -- even if they have to fool people. Sometimes you just have to say no and threaten legal action before they actually pay out. If you haven't done so, go look at your policy and if you don't see that condition please call a lawyer!

When they denied my claim they sent a copy of the policy (84 pages) with everything highlighted, circled, etc.
I actually had a lawyer friend of mine send a "stern" letter with a letterhead to appeal the denial and the insurance company got there high priced lawyers and proceeded to bury us in paperwork. My lawyer was quickly overwhelmed (not her specialty) so she sent me to a lawyer that specializes in insurance. After reviewing the case, was told I had a 50/50 shot, but would have to come up with a healthy retainer before they would proceed. The retainer was almost as much as the car was insured for and not being a gambling man I decided to let it go. :(

Bweavy said:
Make sure you post pics when you get it in. Was the 1 in Boston for sale on TB.com ebay or?

Got the new limited off ebay, was listed as a standard Regal Limited, no mention of turbo or anything so I think that is why I got such a good deal. Will post some pics when it arrives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor