a/c heater box delete help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
well the plane started out to take the ac heater box out in maybe try to sell it or save it.but as the top of the ac box was bout to come out it broke so out came the hammer.and the ac box came right out wih no probs.but now i got a big *ss hole in my firewall and a grate view of the back side of my glove box so time to make or buy a plate and thats where i need the help. was bout to make a cardbored templet and just make one and thought id try askin yall for a little help first.so whats the ezest and cheapest way to do it and where can i find some online that look good? .and maybe see a few pics on dif ways yall have come up with to do it.i was planing on getting a small aftermarket heater to put in and was also looking for tips on good heaters to get

Mathematic

Greasemonkey
Aug 19, 2009
I know you can make your own but i'd thought i'd still share this link.

http://buickgn.com/ACcowlpanel.htm

http://buickgn.com/OLDSACdeleteplates.htm

ACdelete.jpg

ACdeleteplate2.jpg

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
cutlass79 said:
well the plane started out to take the ac heater box out in maybe try to sell it or save it.but as the top of the ac box was bout to come out it broke so out came the hammer.and the ac box came right out wih no probs.but now i got a big *ss hole in my firewall and a grate view of the back side of my glove box so time to make or buy a plate and thats where i need the help. was bout to make a cardbored templet and just make one and thought id try askin yall for a little help first.so whats the ezest and cheapest way to do it and where can i find some online that look good? .and maybe see a few pics on dif ways yall have come up with to do it.i was planing on getting a small aftermarket heater to put in and was also looking for tips on good heaters to get
I made mine myself, using a template... but you can buy them from several different places just do a search on ebay or online... decide whether you want aluminum or steel etc (that would make a difference for me because i need to weld on)

a ton of people have them for around $40... so if thats worth your time and material you can buy it, I dont know how much you can get the bare metal for or if you can cut it easily etc...

for example:
http://www.tntraceshop.com/1978-1988_G- ... 00181.html

now there are more flashy ones etc. or you can post up a wanted in the for sale/wanted section of the forum...

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I also made a cardboard template and had a fabricator friend of mine cut one out of steel for me. Didn't cost me a thing 8)

The cheap $50 12v heaters are horrible, do not waste your time or money. They make aftermarket units that you still run heater lines to ... this would be the best route to take. If you do end up getting an electric/ceramic style heater, go with a unit that says its made for semi's. The small automotive ones are worthless :!:

Mathematic

Greasemonkey
Aug 19, 2009
LSCustoms said:
cutlass79 said:
I made mine myself, using a template... but you can buy them from several different places just do a search on ebay or online... decide whether you want aluminum or steel etc (that would make a difference for me because i need to weld on)

a ton of people have them for around $40... so if thats worth your time and material you can buy it, I dont know how much you can get the bare metal for or if you can cut it easily etc...

for example:
http://www.tntraceshop.com/1978-1988_G- ... 00181.html

now there are more flashy ones etc. or you can post up a wanted in the for sale/wanted section of the forum...
nice find...$40 bucks is worth it...

dont know why i thought the $63 was a steal :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor