alternative tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
anyone know where i could get some instructions on how to put caddy light into the quarters? thanx

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i think you need a lot of fiberglass and time, i know there is not a kit. there is also a company that makes altezza style l.e.d deville lights that would look pretty sick. im getting an estimate this week.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
so how much is it gonna cost to get those lights installed?

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I saw S10 and C/K lights, they look pretty neat. I'd suggeset paging through a Mini Truckin or Street Trucks mag to get some taillight ideas.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
500-1,000 for the labor alone! i have to supply the roll pan and the lights, might be checking another body guy soon. :shock:

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Here's a very inexpensive and easy idea. Also, you could change it back pretty easy.

There are lengths of LED's available (60" is common). I've seen these mounted in the gap between the tailgate and the bumper/rollpan. They are as bright as stock, and best part is no body work.

Here's a link to one of these on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/60-LINE- ... 9033QQrdZ1

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
doesnt sound too bad...

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
andrewmp6 said:
is there any led kits that fit the stock tail lights

Ebay has all sorts of LED bulbs to replace the regular bulbs, but I'm not sure if they are worth it.

Also, when using LED's you may need to use an electronic flasher, since the regular flasher senses heat in the wires. LED's run cooler, so some regular flashers may not work.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
i know about the flasher i got led tail lights in my 68 mustang.i did find a led tail light kit for a c4 corvette.theres roll pans that use the zr1 tail lights so it would work with a little wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor