Antenna RemovaL

Status
Not open for further replies.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I need to replace my antenna assembly. I was wondering if anyone could give me a guide on how to go about doing this and if there's any thing special I need to know.

Thanks,
Dan

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
I just went threw this. You'll need to remove the inner fender well. Then you look inside the fender, and you'll find it. Your intenna will most likely be eletric. Unplug then plug in your new one, replace the inner fender well and there ya go. If you have not taking out the inner fender well, then your in for about an hour. You need to remove the overflow can, and the battery to get to other bolts. The tray comes out easy. Over all you'll be spending about an hour or so.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Thanks I thought it might be this easy but I wasn't positive.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Im working on this now, ive got the battery and overflow tank out of the way and all the bolts I could get out taken out. It seems there are a bunch burried behind the heater/a/c box, does it have to come out too? I should probably get some kind of block off box or non a/c box anyway since I lost the a/c when we put the 350 in about 4 years ago. It looks like the inner fender get in the way of some of the bolts for the heater box though, what has to come out first? the whole fender doesn't have to come of does it ?

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
For me, its actually easier to remove the header panel and then remove the actual fender to get the antenna off. There are about three to four bolts down in the corner behind the and below the a/c box that are damn near impossible to get with the a/c box in there. Hell, even with my block off plate some of those bolts are hard to get to. Just saying, for me its easier and faster to take off the header panel and fender. You might get by but just loosening up the header panel to be able to pull the fender out without removing the header completely.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Thats what I was afraid of, how big of a pita is it to pull the heater box? I have a leak inside so it probably needs to be resealed anyway. My car was painted with the header panel on the car and my luck the paint will crack if I go to pull the header panel.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
I managed to get the plastic inner fenderwell out of there but still can't get to the antenna. Looks like the actual metal inner fender has to come off too? can that be done with the fender still on the car? I don't have help here to get the hood off and both are pretty well lined up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor