Any one know where this goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2011
Hi All

87 Cutlass 3.8
I noticed this clip laying on top of the engine before but never thought anything of it. Time for a tune up and I would like to put it back where it goes but cannot figure out where this green clip is supposed to call home..

One wire goes into a bundle towards the front of the engine behind the alt and the other one runs to the black connector on the top corner of the carb.

any help would be appreciated
0911121845a.jpg

0911121845.jpg

Thanks
John

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure but I have say you sure do have a clean engine....it looks like it's showroom condition

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
I have the same 87 cutlass with a 3.8.

I found the same thing sitting there not connected and I couldn't find anywhere that it goes.
So I determined that it probably goes to some option or other that I don't have for the car.
I have seen a couple of other g-bodies in the junkyard with the same thing.

I have a service manual and I did a quick search but the electrical systems section is difficult to find things like this unless you know what it is for. And the connector is clearly routed on that side of the carburator.
So, I don't have cruise control, so maybe it is for that?

Hey, if your not throwing any codes and everything runs ok, don't wory about it, it is probably just not used on your car.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
From what i remember thats a test terminal for checking dwell, its usually just tucked into the factory wiring harness.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
yup! what they said! 8)

JohnS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2011
pontiacgp said:
I'm not sure but I have say you sure do have a clean engine....it looks like it's showroom condition

LOL - not really all that clean due to trying, lots of new parts recently.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better now knowing it is for testing.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor