CHEVY Any way I can tell what stickers belong in the engine bay?

schwim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2022
Coastal VA, US
Hey there, folks :)

I've got an 87 El Camino with a 305/2004r and would like to figure out what stickers would belong on the air cleaner, fan shroud, etc. Is there any way for me to narrow this down? I've found an emissions sticker and a combo sticker for california sold that go on the shroud but I can't figure anything out for the air cleaner or any others that might reside in the engine bay.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not 100% sure. I’m not at home atm, but I’ll look into it. If I ain’t got it, I can probably make it.

Reactions: 3 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Air Filter has a decal on the drv side that says what ACDelco Filter to use.
Hey there, folks :)

I've got an 87 El Camino with a 305/2004r and would like to figure out what stickers would belong on the air cleaner, fan shroud, etc. Is there any way for me to narrow this down? I've found an emissions sticker and a combo sticker for california sold that go on the shroud but I can't figure anything out for the air cleaner or any others that might reside in the engine bay.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks!
1686360834283.jpeg
Master Cyl "KL" is
1686361678080.jpeg
all I've seen on 87s both Camino and SS. The Emissions Decal on the right corner of the fan shroud. Be aware that many sites sell the wrong coded label as the "correct one". "ZDB" is used only on the HP SS. Filter element is "FQ" I think I may be correct but if anyone has better info please post it with pics.

Attachments

• 1686361792746.jpeg
    1686361792746.jpeg
    989.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
On the side of the air cleaner toward the front will be a "Keep your GM car all GM" sticker. A smaller one that says "use AC part number ***" air cleaner element.

Sticker on front of master cylinder reservoir 2 letters and a bar code.

A sticker on the wiper motor cover, barcode and a number.

A sticker on the AC compressor.

A sticker on the AC housing.

Emissions sticker on the fan shroud. ZCX or ZDB or X9. Not 100% on this but I think the ZCX is 150HP CA emissions, ZDB is 150 HP federal emissions and X9 is 180 HP federal.

If pics can be found I will add them to this post.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Is your car a california car or no? SS? I'm thinking 305H, non-SS, federal emissions so...

based on that, I believe your emission decal would be ZCT, part number 10051429.
1686399729758.png

There's a KL sticker on the front of the master cylinder.
1686399568214.png

The air cleaner should be p/n 25095360 and has a square black with white lettering 2 letter FP code decal depicting both the air cleaner part number and the required air cleaner element Delco p/n.
1686399101485.png

The A/C compressor is a Harrison "636" sticker which is the last 3 numbers of the part number.
1686399616627.png

And you'll have this decal on the HVAC housing.
1686396896662.png

Of course, I could be wrong. The Elky experts can verify this or debunk it. I am no Chevy expert.

Reactions: 1 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Do the service manuals show placement of engine compartment stickers? I know they show the placement of exterior trim / decals [my manual is inaccessible for the time being]

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Do the service manuals show placement of engine compartment stickers? I know they show the placement of exterior trim / decals [my manual is inaccessible for the time being]
Not normally. And most of the time, they don't tell you EXACTLY where to place the exterior decals. Sometimes they do, but it's not reliable. Stickers are usually already on the part(s) laying in the supply boxes at the assembly line. They're coded to match the build sheet, so if they look on the sheet and it says to use FQ air cleaner, they go over to the air cleaner stack and pull off an FQ air cleaner and put it on. Maybe the emission label would be placed after the crossmember is installed, I don't know as I've never seen the G-body assembly line in action from beginning to end.

Best way to get the most likely accurate placement is to look at a very low-mileage survivor. Doesn't guarantee anything, but that's likely where you'll get the best ideas. People stuck them on, so they weren't always the exact same place from car to car. Decals under the hood weren't really meant to last longer than the warranty period. Although I believe Oldsmobile V8 placing the emission decal on top of the shroud usually was a good place to keep them in good shape over the years. The ones on my 85 and 87 442 still look brand new.

Reactions: 1 users

schwim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2022
Coastal VA, US
Hey there guys and thanks very muchf or your help.

I seem to have two on the radiator shroud(pics will be below) that are illegible. I've nothing on the air cleaner and the compressor was replaced so i'm missing that as well. I'm currently media blasting the air cleaner, so I should be able to apply one for the air cleaner, compressor and perhaps the two for the shroud.

I see the pn 10051429 that 69HO posted above and that shape and size fits the driver's side sticker I have, what would the square sticker be on the passenger side of the shroud? I thought at first maybe A/C related but the compressor sticker seems to handle that.

Rectangle on Dside:
YvE66vQ.jpg

Square on Pside:
HWlNbBX.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor