Are all g body bench seats jnterhangable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
I have a 79 Malibu tan was gonna check the junkyards for a bench seat I saw a regal g body ..are all the benches interchangeable whether its 60/40 or straight bench etc ? Would a 80s caprice Buick etc work ? (Non g body )

Thanks guys any insite is helpful

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Im not sure if they all interchange but when i put buckets in the malibu my brother took the old bench for his regal and it bolted right in. They are both 79

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If your current bench seat is not a split ( 60/40), then you will not have the center mounting points for that style of seat. These are available from MIkesmontes.com, or you can cut them out of the donor car and weld them in. Other than that, all should be interchangeable ( new regular bench for old regular bench, new 60/40 or regular bench for old 60/40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor