Assault / home defense shotguns

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
I put a ghost ring sight on my Mossberg Tactical. Love it! I dialed it in with a bore sighter on the fence in the back yard. Took it to the range and literally on the first shot hit bullseye at 50 yards with rifled slug. Call it partial luck I guess but not bad for a smooth bore 12g. 18" barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Ran A LOT of rounds down a Mossberg Maverick 88 18" with a pistol grip stock, would have been a great home defense gun but was lost at the 2000 Bassmasters Tournament of Champions. I now have a well sharpened #2 pencil for intruders if stern words don't work.

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I don’t wanna hump Roseanne Barr 🤮
ok, now YOU'RE being offensive. you already got your weapons now! show a pic to the home invaders of Rosanne being humped....:puke: that'll stop them right in their tracks!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
ok, now YOU'RE being offensive. you already got your weapons now! show a pic to the home invaders of Rosanne being humped....:puke: that'll stop them right in their tracks!
You know you want some of this...(print several copies, post on windows and doors. Who needs a security system?)
Roseanne-February-1994_tout-and-lede.png

• Scared
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Listen as much as I would love to have a home defense weapon some of us just can't for legal reasons here in the people's republic of New Jersey it's not hard to get in that kinda jackpot. Myself I've been disarmed under the Columbine law no person's listed under the same address of one or more person's with a history of mental illness can legally possess firearms in this shithole of a state as of about 5 years ago it was a brand new law when Lexi my oldest daughter went in hospital. My wife was still at the local mental ward with her and I had just got Lauren to sleep she was sick and I'd managed to get her to eat some crackers and Ginger ail. I tucked her in and my city's finest started beating on my front door with a search and seizure warrant. No at that time there were NO weapons registered to myself my wife my children or my address. However I do keep a few bats around a meat cleaver and my favorites the machete I restored in my hatchet because I have a wood stove of course I keep them in the living room by the front door. It was probably a good thing the shop I worked at at the time was an impound yard so the older cop knew me but the young punk wanted to come in anyway. His partner politely instructed him that that was a bad idea. Of course I had explained to them if someone woke up Lauren only god himself would be able to judge me for my actions. That said I have sense added some both blunt and sharp objects to the decor all around the house inside and out so as to correct any confrontational differences I may have with someone looking to do myself for my family harm. Lauren has taken quite a bit of mma classes in self defense and Janet has taken up exercising and weight lifting as a hobby. Lexi is doing much better these days but frankly with her mean street she may kill someone with her bare hands if assaulted. Me I'm 6'3" 225lbs growing up I had to fight to keep my sneakers before school in the morning and should an alleged assailant so choose to come fore my family I do hope they've made there peace with God as they know him because there going to meat him.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Clutch, I remember you making a cryptic post and had a hunch you got caught up in something like that. I really wish you'd move out of there.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Clutch, I remember you making a cryptic post and had a hunch you got caught up in something like that. I really wish you'd move out of there.
Yeah it's a little easier to talk about now that the smoke settled. Lauren wants to finish highschool here because she's working on a band scholarship and Lexi has all but moved out. She's 20 now and finally got a learner's permit. She's dating an investment banker and I'm pretty sure she's moving in with him as soon as she has a license. Perhaps I can free up some cash soon to make repairs to the house and property for an exit but I've got a couple more years Lauren is in 10th grade

Reactions: 4 users

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
With the Judge being a 5 shot revolver that shoots Colt 45 and .410 shells, I load it with two .410 home defense shells followed by three FMJ Colt 45's.
The Judge is pretty sweet - would recommend swapping those FMJs for hollows if you want to cause some real damage, and also reduce the risk of shooting through your walls

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor