Astro fuel sender questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
So I'm getting ready to order some parts for my LT1 swap. One thing I'm not real sure of is the fuel system. I've read about the astro fuel sending unit working in a wagon tank but I'm just not sure what needs to be done. Where does the fuel pump go?

Also will a corvette filter regulator combo work with it?

Any other advice about this topic will be greatly appreciated.

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Fuel pump is in the tank with the sender. Use a 94 Chevy Astro. You will need to either cap the big vent or cut and weld it shut, I personally just caped it. You will need to break of the locator tab and rotate the sender in the tank and the lock ring will hold it all withour issue. The you can put the corvette filter where you want. Mine was for a 4.3 V6, I ran the fuel lines on the drivers side along with a return. it also can be ran, adding another return line on the passenger side.

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Rotating the sender allows the fuel lines to exit toward the front of the car like stock, otherwise lines would point to back of car and you would have to reroute fuel lines accordingly. The pump is attached to the fuel tank sender, it has a "shelf" that pump sits in and fuel line holds top. Only problem I have ever had with this setup is if tank is very low on fuel and you make a hard turn sometimes fuel will move to one side of tank and pump will starve for fuel. I just fill my car whenever it gets to 1/4 tank. This could also be fixed by rigging some kind of baffle in the tank.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
I was just lookin at these on Rock Auto, and they show 2 complete sets. One for MFI and one for TBI. Would the MFI piece be the one to get for a LT1 or LS1 swap?

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Sorry been forever since I looked at the site. You should purchase the TBI system, then you can change out the pump you want. Well that is my idea. Good luck.

newb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor