Badass Detroit billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I think I saw a couple last year in Flint... my dad e-mailed me the pictures. I think they're B-Effin'-A, and absolutely love the one about red, white & blue :D TBH half these quotes give me chills, it's an era we can always be proud of 8)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Those are some cool *ss billboards. I'm saving all of those to my phone.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Love those :twisted:

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Cool though they are, these billboards are proof that GM peaked 40 years ago. Since then, it has been a slow descent into irrelevance. Then again, this is true not only of GM, but of the automobile itself. Cars today no longer inspire lust like they once did. Most people view them as just appliances and not objects of fun or desire.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
I seen those last august on Woodward during the dream cruise, I was in Detroit today for Autorama, I aslo seen the fist statue down the street from Cobo Hall. Hold on to your G bodies they are comming up in collectability. There were some awesome ones inside Cobo hall this past week end, My favourite was a 83 Elcamino with a complete GNX drive train :shock:

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Love the one about the fist.....the hair one was funny also 2 thumbs up for posting

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Coll thought they are, these billboards are proof that GM peaked 40 years ago. Since then, it has been a slow descent into irrelevance. Then again, this is true not only of GM, but of the automobile itself. Cars today no longer inspire lust like they once did. Most people view them as just appliances and not objects of fun or desire.

x2

i have an emotional attachment to each vehicle i own, i feel a connection with them and it definitely becomes a part of you. now adays automobiles are failing into the disposable mentality EVERY product has. People come into autozone to buy the cheapest brake pads we sell and pass on the rotors because they are 30-40 bucks a piece because their 2001 Alero isnt going to be on the road much longer. no one wants to put effort into keeping a vehicle on the road anymore because they dont infuse the vehicles with something that makes them special or even fun.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
thanks for posting these doober.... I saw a couple of those last time I went up to detroit, but hadn't seen all them!

adumb... I feel your pain, as I work for your competition, and see the same thing down here all the time....

I tell some people that what I really want is a 62-68 cadillac, and only a few people understand what I mean, when I tell them I guess I want one from that era because of the statement that a cadillac used to make...it used to mean that when you had a cadillac, you finally made it.... nowadays, it's just another luxury brand, and the j*/euro cars are the ones you drive to show you've made it.... guess I'm just another old fuddy-duddy who longs for better days that are long gone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor