BBC Shorty headers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

80 Malibu BB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a shorty header for a G body with a big block chevy? I am running Hooker Super Comp long tubes now but I have the car pretty low and they have hit the ground to many times. I dont want to raise the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I can find them for A bodies but not for a G body.

Thanks

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Hookers are sometimes known to hang low.Hedmans,as well as other brands, are supposed to sit higher.Also,if those Super Comps are a 2 inch primary tube,unless you have an all out big cube hi output engine,you could probably get away with a smaller tube pipe,which might help with clearance.
Guy

80 Malibu BB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2012
Thanks Guy, still looking around. No luck. :? Any suggestion for header companies I could call? Doug's, Thorley, etc.?

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
I have a set of Sanderson BB3 headers, from a failed Tall deck 427 install in my 79 el camino. I believe they fit a standard deck. The tall deck is just over 1/2 inch wider, and a 1/4 inch taller. I paid $350. for them. There just gettin dusty. They're silver coated, and have been heat cycled. They don't drop below the pan either. Came with angled collectors for ground clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor