Bilsteins shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

icr242005

Apprentice
Mar 3, 2018
Hopefully I caugh someone having a bad day but man their Tech Dept are the rudest ppl I have ever ran into . Was wanting to get some shocks/part number for my build so I could call Jegs/Summit, he told me the reason they spent a “billion” dollars on programming to make a web site so ppl could look up part number themselves. I mean WTF. I didn’t realize they only have 1 option for street g body. His bad day cost his company a sale for 4 shocks today.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just look up '68-'88 A/G models ('68-'72, '73-'77, '78-'88) & go from there. All three generations use the same shocks.

icr242005

Apprentice
Mar 3, 2018
Yes you are correct, but I didn’t think that was the only ONE they offered for street so that why I called. QA1 offers adjustable, non adjustable and coil over. Non adjustable one is what I ordered today. Plus wanted to find out if it would make a difference on shock selection if my car originally come with a V6 and now has a V8.

Last edited:

icr242005

Apprentice
Mar 3, 2018
He told me not to run the AK Series because they were for circle track. This is straight off thier “ billion dollar” web site AK Series shock absorbers are ideal for racers who demand reliable performance that also meets their sanctioning body's mounting requirements.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
He told me not to run the AK Series because they were for circle track. This is straight off thier “ billion dollar” web site AK Series shock absorbers are ideal for racers who demand reliable performance that also meets their sanctioning body's mounting requirements.
uh, well thanks for solving that i thought the descriptions sucked, if koni made shocks for my car id buy them in a heartbeat, next i think its qa1s or vikings

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
uh, well thanks for solving that i thought the descriptions sucked, if koni made shocks for my car id buy them in a heartbeat, next i think its qa1s or vikings
Looks like Melloelky beat me to the punch! I've had Koni's on my Cutlass for sh*t probably 15 years! At the time they were right at $100/each but looks like they've crept up a tad.

Attachments

• 20181220_153824.jpg
    20181220_153824.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: 1 users

icr242005

Apprentice
Mar 3, 2018
I went with QA1 adjustable (TS505 and TS805. Great shock and customer service is top notch.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor