• black

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
i dont wanna pop a ton of money in wheels and tires right now but i am going to upgrade to 15x8 cragar soft 8s. the question now is black or chrome....stealth or flash? ill post a pic of my gp here. it is getting re painted...same color. gm aqua blue metallic. windows will get 20 percent tint when my belt weatherstrips come in. and im thinking of blacking out the trim around the windows and maybe the windshield. i do like the dark blacked out look but would that be too much black? and offset color and shine? idk. u guys tell me what u think

Attachments

• gp.jpg
    gp.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,057

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I would say chrome but being the soft 8s probably black. I strongly dislike the soft 8s so I wouldnt use them on anything especially when you can get a decent set of Pontiac ralleys and look wayyyy better. JMO though

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
I don't think Black 8's would look right. Nor would blacking out the trim, just my two cents. I pondered the exact same thing you are a couple weeks ago, but my motivation for getting black was because they were cheaper. I ended up scoring some aluminum Outlaws on craigslist, minimal care and no rust!

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
-83MONTESS- said:
I would say chrome but being the soft 8s probably black. I strongly dislike the soft 8s so I wouldnt use them on anything especially when you can get a decent set of Pontiac ralleys and look wayyyy better. JMO though
X2 on the rallyes

88MCsupersport

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
flushing new york
If your blacking everything out i would say black but usually all black rims will dull down the pint job and wont make it shine and have life chrome rims on the other hand bring it to life in my own opinion but if your goin for that whole black out look then i would say black

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Ok ok i did both on the trim, chrome and black, i guess it just depends on ur application And what u think will look better :) alot of people wanted me to black out my el camino trim and i went with chrome, and 10 trophies later i new i made the right desicion... Know my malibu i knew i wanted to go black trim becuae i was going gun metel, i think chrime or black would of looked good but went with black and im happy, i say go black... Imo... Nice GP tho :)

Chrome:
8a843800.jpg

f1e1117c.jpg

Black:
734d62fa.jpg

93e9436f.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm gonna jump on this train too.
1st choice: Pontiac Ralleys.
2nd choice: ANYTHING but Soft 8s!
3rd choice: Buy the chrome version and powder coat the centers black.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Go old Skool and throw on some Cragar SS's.... Those wheels make the G-ZBody cars pop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor