Breadbox mod suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Looking for some ideas and pics of what some of you have done to customize the breadbox and the surrounding area... whether it be gauges, or whatever.

The area is essentially useless to me in factory form. I always thought a touch screen of some sort would look good mounted to (or in place of) the sliding door.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm not sure what a breadbox is, can you elaborate please. Though whatever it is I most likely I have modified mine.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
565bbchevy said:
I'm not sure what a breadbox is, can you elaborate please. Though whatever it is I most likely I have modified mine.
The breadbox is the storage "box" that is between the bottom center of the dash and the center console. I mostly see people putting gauges or switches in theirs which is what I would probably end up doing if I had one.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I restored mine. We keep our GPS in there. I hard wired it and just flip it open on road trips. 8)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,106

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Im in the process of customizing my breadbox along with center console in which when done I plan to sell.the breadbox will contain a ash tray(flip open/close lid and a smartphone/iPod dock.^^^^^hey Paul are you running a Cutlass/regal shifter,or did you just dye the handle? Looks awesome!!!

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
L.A.X-RATED said:
I'm in the process of customizing my breadbox along with center console in which when done I plan to sell.the breadbox will contain a ash tray(flip open/close lid and a smartphone/iPod dock.^^^^^hey Paul are you running a Cutlass/regal shifter,or did you just dye the handle? Looks awesome!!!
Its the stock shifter with a Cadillac Allante Leather wrapped handle. I just dyed it to match the plastics with some SEM
( a perk from working at Cad for years :wink: )

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
-83MONTESS- said:
565bbchevy said:
The breadbox is the storage "box" that is between the bottom center of the dash and the center console. I mostly see people putting gauges or switches in theirs which is what I would probably end up doing if I had one.

Well that explains that, my car came with 60/40 seats and a column shift so I never had a factory console in mine.
I thought maybe it was where the radio and heater/ac controls were.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 963

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
565bbchevy said:
Well that explains that, my car came with 60/40 seats and a column shift so I never had a factory console in mine.I thought maybe it was where the radio and heater/ac controls were.
You actually have the exact console I wanted to use in mine but the yard I went to crushed the T/A before I could grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor