Brought an 85 Salon home today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
So after the Monte fell through, we looked at a couple of ads locally and made a few calls. We drove an hour each way to look at this Salon....and brought it home.

Photo0488.jpg

Photo0489.jpg

Photo0487.jpg

Photo0486.jpg

Photo0491.jpg

Photo0490.jpg

307, 3 speed, console car. Power windows, manual locks, ac, rallye gauges, F41.
Car has a funky spoiler, and has a mount of which i have never seen...not factory, but does match trunklid. The PO took the buckets out for another car, and tried putting the bench seat (60/40), and could only get the driver in, so I will have to put a passenger seat in. Red stripe and gray bottom was added, and is different, so it may stay. DOn't know. VERY tight sterring and suspension...like a brand new one. Drove for an hour home, on the twisty, turning mountain highways of North Carolina to home, and did flawless.....has the v6 radiator switched in, but he gave us the v8 one to put back in, with the shroud.
Definitely going to take the chrome window shields off of it, and see what the GTAs look like, tomorrow....

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
pontiacgp said:
that is an awesome find and is that a stock rear wing?

if its a stock 307 then maybe you could take a few pictures to answer this thread's question..

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29107
Thanks man...we are SO frickin happy! My wife is just as happy as me, and said "now we have his and hers." I said "no, we have mine and mine." :D

It does have the 307 all original in it, so I can try to take some pix tomorrow to try and help on that thread, if I can.
The spoiler is not like any factory spoiler I have seen, but if you look in the pic, the mount fits perfect to the trunk lid....so I don't know. A dealer installed special?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
papabearxl said:
Thanks man...we are SO frickin happy! My wife is just as happy as me, and said "now we have his and hers." I said "no, we have mine and mine." :D

your wife is probably on another forum telling everyone almost the same thing.." I have mine and mine".. :mrgreen:

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
Good find, its nice to see your wife is into the car as well cool.What are your plans for the car?

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Nice! looks like a great start :) body looks straight :) Good Score!

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
pontiacgp said:
papabearxl said:

your wife is probably on another forum telling everyone almost the same thing.." I have mine and mine".. :mrgreen:
No doubt! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor