Bumper Filler Install ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
I got my bumper filler panels for my 81 regal. I installed the rear pretty easily and the front I see are dimpled where I need to drill them but I have a slight issue of I have never taken the front end apart of this car. So I have no idea how the grille and front bumper filler panel go together. I can see that the filler panel goes on the outside but the grill won't slide behind it and be moved far enough forward to be flush with everything. It just hits the bumper filler panel. Also I don't even see how the front grill connects to the bumper filler panel. Any help would be great.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
The bumper filler does not attach to the grill. The grill is spring loaded and will move. depending on year there is a small chrome piece attached to the grill which I think you are hitting - just remove them. Don't just drill where the dimples are- test fit and mark your holes.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
I don't have that chrome piece. Do I just trim the filler panel or notch it so the grille can be moved forward fully? Because I guess I don't get how its spring loaded mine just sits there and swings freely nothing is holding it outward at all.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I believe that all the fillers for Regals were designed for the 84' and up header panel and grill and you have to modify the front fillers for pre 84'.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
I seen that somewhere just don't know what to modify. I think I may be missing some things because honestly I have no idea or can't even visualize how the grill says up and doesn't keep falling back into the hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor