can i set air bags up like air shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
i dont really want buttons\switches in the car i dont want something i can ''play'' with going down the road i mean it would be nice to be abul to bering her up a bit for roads that are bad but just dont want the tanks and eveything in the car thats y i was thinkin about just setting them up like air shocks i guess se it where i want it and leave it maybe evey now in then bering the back up a little bit higher then the fornt and when parkerd set it down when it wont be drivin as much.im not looking to lay it on the ground or bering it way up in the air manly just want the air ride ride.the bags them self came off i belive a 67 plymouth fury so im sure thay should hold up fine holdin up a gbody.i do have a little aif lift pump i could ues i guess.but like i said b4 i dont know ANYTHING about air ride so im not sure what all can be done.if anyone nows of a simple way to set them up with out big a$$ tanks and lines in switches every where thet would be grate.for the fornt with the shoucks goin tho the spring what do i do there just not run shocks up fornt for can i mount them to the lower a arm or something.im goin to try to post pics on here as soon as i get a cam to do so my new phone wont let me email pics to myself so i will post some as soon as i can to show yall what im workin with so i can maybe help me with what i need in done need. thanks for all the replys guys

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
cutlass79 said:
i dont really want buttons\switches in the car i dont want something i can ''play'' with going down the road i mean it would be nice to be abul to bering her up a bit for roads that are bad but just dont want the tanks and eveything in the car thats y i was thinkin about just setting them up like air shocks i guess se it where i want it and leave it maybe evey now in then bering the back up a little bit higher then the fornt and when parkerd set it down when it wont be drivin as much.im not looking to lay it on the ground or bering it way up in the air manly just want the air ride ride.the bags them self came off i belive a 67 plymouth fury so im sure thay should hold up fine holdin up a gbody.i do have a little aif lift pump i could ues i guess.but like i said b4 i dont know ANYTHING about air ride so im not sure what all can be done.if anyone nows of a simple way to set them up with out big a$$ tanks and lines in switches every where thet would be grate.for the fornt with the shoucks goin tho the spring what do i do there just not run shocks up fornt for can i mount them to the lower a arm or something.im goin to try to post pics on here as soon as i get a cam to do so my new phone wont let me email pics to myself so i will post some as soon as i can to show yall what im workin with so i can maybe help me with what i need in done need. thanks for all the replys guys
thts wat i was trying to show u. im raising and lowering the el co using my home compressor and standard schrader valve like how u inflate and deflate ur tires

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
ok then yeah pretty much like that i didenr realize thats how u where doin it in the vid guess cuz i dident hear a compressor kick on lol.so i can just run the 2 fornt for a t then run the one line to the standard schrader valve and be fine same as the rear then.also what did u do with the shocks up fornt?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
cutlass79 said:
ok then yeah pretty much like that i didenr realize thats how u where doin it in the vid guess cuz i dident hear a compressor kick on lol.so i can just run the 2 fornt for a t then run the one line to the standard schrader valve and be fine same as the rear then.also what did u do with the shocks up fornt?
if you want I can make a short vid of the valve and t fitting, you couldnt see it in the vid, I have a longer video with some of what i went through to get the front to that point...

[youtube]x5ISkoA3o78[/youtube]

minitruckin09

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2012
dont forget what 79olds said about body roll. if u have two bags plumbed together with a t with when u go around a corner the wheight of the car will transfer air in one bag to the other, in most cases. not sure what kinda bags your going to use or size of line. just something to think about

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
minitruckin09 said:
dont forget what 79olds said about body roll. if u have two bags plumbed together with a t with when u go around a corner the wheight of the car will transfer air in one bag to the other, in most cases. not sure what kinda bags your going to use or size of line. just something to think about
yeah in been thinkin bout that and i think i mit just do a Schrader valve a each wheel with a small psi gauge at each wheel also.just so i kno the fornts have the same psi side to side and same as the rear.i kno that mit seem like a pain to have to go form wheel to wheel but really i dont mind cuz i dont plan on it beeing something to play with just a nice ride and i really like the fell of air ride just dont want all the crap on my car that comes with just want simple as i can get really

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
minitruckin09 said:
and you are correct about that, In my case I do not have to worry about that... but that is the case if you just t it... i figured maybe adj shocks would help him with that... but right now pushing down on one corner does put more air in the other bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor