Can you put Hurst gauges in a Supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onespeedyrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
I have a '83 Supreme Brougham, was a diesel car, now it has a '78 Delta 88 350 motor. I found a Hurst speedo-tach-gauges set and am wondering what it would take to put this in my car? The gauge set has a spot for the speedo, a wiring harness plug coming out of the back. I also noticed it doesn't have a gear indicator on it since the Hurts is a floor shift. I know I'll need new sending units for the water, oil.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Those gauges are not from an 83-84 Hurst Olds.
Hursts came with an indicator since the Lighting Rods top plate was not lit up.
Also unique shift indicator which was different from regular 4 speed cluster indicators in that the "1" was right next to the "2" unlike ones that come in coulmn shift cars where there was a large space between them.
More info:
http://www.78-88olds.com/forum/showthre ... =indicator

To put gauges in a non gauge car you will need to do some wiring since non gauge dash and engine harnesses were different.
The pin locations on sweep gauges are different from ralley pack gauges.
More information can be found here:
http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_rallye_swap.php

Good Luck!

onespeedyrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for the link, there is a ton of info on on it. Can you narrow it down to the wiring diagram? I can't seem to find the one your talking about. Thanks!

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
onespeedyrc said:
Thanks for the link, there is a ton of info on on it. Can you narrow it down to the wiring diagram? I can't seem to find the one your talking about. Thanks!
if you cant get this one, you can get them out of any 78-88 cutlass that had the rallye pack gauge cluster theyre the same thing, some did have a 120 mph speedo though. There's a forum member that has a decent rallye pack for like $15.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
onespeedyrc said:
Scroll all the way down on 88 hursts post, there is a link for the whole swap. Gotta look man. Lol

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
Evan's 85 said:
onespeedyrc said:
Scroll all the way down on 88 hursts post, there is a link for the whole swap. Gotta look man. Lol
i feel dumb, every time i read a how to for the swaps i dont get it. lol. i have a rallye set of gauges ready to go in...

onespeedyrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
I think I'll save my self some trouble and sell the 442 gauges and try to track down a set of Rally gauges.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
onespeedyrc said:
I think I'll save my self some trouble and sell the 442 gauges and try to track down a set of Rally gauges.
Don't understand why you think the gbody 442 gauges aren't rallye packs? Lol. They're the exact same cluster,some 442's had a 120 mph speedo, other than that identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor