carb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
all electronic quadrajets were casted as 800 cfm models,they are only rated at like 570-690 cfm because of the air valve stop.By grabbing a file and filing away at the stop,it will open 90 degrees and will add better performance to the engine,adding richer metering rods and hanger also creates better performance to any engine.I've done this mod to my quadrajet on my 307 (ccc carb is thrown away for an older qjet)but by doing this it definetly improves performance.heres some pics of before and after with the air valve stop mod.At best performance,i ran a K hanger and CV rods.
3818578622_627cdfb1bf.jpg

3817763299_fc2ac5f33d.jpg

And the air valve stop after being filed down
3817764361_844a5f5af4.jpg

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
yep,the stop for the secondary air valve
rccktmn2 said:
Your talking about the stop that stops the secondary top butterfly from opening at 90 degrees right or did I see that wrong.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
I see you have a 313, what did you do to get the 313 cu in and does it perform well. Are you still running the stock computer or what mods have you made. Thanks for the info on the carb.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
my question is for a edelbrock..wen i'm trying to start my car gas is shootin up out the carb...is this a malfunction of the carb..

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
it is a rebuilt 307 olds v8,7a heads.The PO had the engine bored .40 over making it 313 cubic inches,the heads are port matched to the intake and they are believed to be "mildy ported", also was running on the ccc carb and dist.Right now i am swapping over to an older carb and distributor and removing all emissions and computer junk in the engine bay.I am also completely deleting the a/c system and have installed non a/c alternator brackets.With 2.56 ratio gears,it did run good,could've been better with 4.11s,but it ran quite good.Before the older carb/dist. swap,i was running all the mods on the ccc qjet,running a custom made dual snorkel air cleaner (most currently swapped to a 442 style) and ran octane.Needless to say,racing a 1978 regal,with 2.73 gears and a worked chevy 350,that car beat me by a fender,so it ran pretty good for a little 307.
rccktmn2 said:
I see you have a 313, what did you do to get the 313 cu in and does it perform well. Are you still running the stock computer or what mods have you made. Thanks for the info on the carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor