Carburetor swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
Well I thought I had carburetor problem fixed but still have issues with it getting to much fuel. I believe that the electronic part of the carburetor is bad. I ordered a new carburetor from Sean Murphy Induction. I hope the 6 to 7 week wait for the carburetor fixes the problem.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
You can easily check to see if your electronic components are working ( there are 2, not 1 ). You should invest in a GM service manual, though you don't need one just to check if your electronic carb parts are working. A scanner makes things alot easier too, but you don't really need one.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
Yes I do need to get a book. I ran across a forum where someone was similar problems and it ended up being the EGR valve so I checked mine and it's not working properly so I ordered one. Does anyone think there is a good chance that might be the problem.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Il tell you this as i have an edelbrock on my malibu. It works great but that was after alot of adjustment and yes it was new out of box. Edelbrock doesnt hold a candle to a Qjet. People complain about Qjet but thats typiclly because the car they came off of are 200,000 mile beaters thats sat in a field for 20 years so people judge them as junk. If an edelbrock went through that abuse they would do the same thing. Ive never had a stock Qjet but ive had several remans and they have been the best carbs ive ever had. Qjet in my opinion is the best carb ever made.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
rose350 said:
Yes I do need to get a book. I ran across a forum where someone was similar problems and it ended up being the EGR valve so I checked mine and it's not working properly so I ordered one. Does anyone think there is a good chance that might be the problem.

What did you do to check your EGR? I don't think that's your problem either way. You probably just need a new float. You should then just rebuild the entire carb with a quality rebuild kit you could get from Cliff Ruggles. These better kits work with todays gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor