CCC system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I have searched this to death and frankly there is a lot of conflicting information. I have an 86 GP that came with a 3.8. I have built a Vortec engine and a turbo 350 to install and have no need for the computer control system for the engine, especially with the distributor I will be using. I have seen several posts that mention the computer controlling the climate control and other things. What is true and what is BS? The car has the plain AC/heat system that I will keep and no power locks, windows or anything else. The old lady that I bought it from doidn't like power windows.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
According to my 85 GM electrical service manual, it doesn't appear the CCC operates anything AC related. There is a dark green wire that goes TO the computer, but I think it's just there so the computer knows your AC is on so it can change whatever the hell it changes as a result of the AC being on. It's the later 307's that had some interaction with the CCC stuff and the AC.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
That green wire probably just told the computer to idle the car up because of the increased load, shouldnt have a lot of effect if you changed the motor out and got rid of the computer, probably more for emissions reasons to keep the engine stable at all times

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Thanks guys, that is what I wanted to hear. If i can get that harness cleaned up tonight I will drop the engine in one night this week. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor