Core Support Black

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Back in the day I used to use Centari. I think the color was called 99 Black. Its been a lot of years so I might be wrong about the number but I had to play chemist with a flattening agent. I could never get the same result twice. Too dull, too glossy. It was a pain in the butt. The first time I sprayed the support in the 81 I used a PPG black base with no clear. It looked nice but I didnt think it would hold up with no clear on top. I think some manufacturers make an "under hood" black but I dont really know what they were made for and what codes they would be.

Reactions: 1 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
While it looks pretty and consistent, it still doesn't look "black" the way GM did it. I'm not even sure what sort of paint they used, but for some stupid reason a lot of these semi-gloss products come out with more of a charcoal look than black. Could be a digital picture color imbalance on my monitor. Not complaining because it looks great and certainly useable, there's just that "GM black look" under the hood of these cars that nobody I've seen so far has been able to duplicate spot-on.

I know that look what Mike is talking about with the rad support black. I USED to know a paint code for that black about 1000 years ago, but I have no idea whether I kept it, lost it, or never had it written down. I never did follow up on it, obviously.
yes, its not 'black' but charcoal... has a weird gray tint to it in the light.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor