Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
BuWaGone said:
Unlimited Products is junk, very poor fit and finish
Harwood only make pin on
Glasstek is the only fiberglass bolt-on, I really liked my 4" and they make a 2"

Your only other choice is to buy a metal cowl and weld it on.

VFN makes a bolt on as well but it looks like they only off a 4.5". I had one on my 87 years ago and it was decent quality.
For fit and finish you still can't beat the stock hood with a scoop attached.

sergio

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
FE3X CLONE said:
BuWaGone said:
Harwood only make pin on
Glasstek is the only fiberglass bolt-on, I really liked my 4" and they make a 2"

VFN makes a bolt on as well but it looks like they only off a 4.5". I had one on my 87 years ago and it was decent quality.
I got a hood from Glasstek for my dads 86 442, the fit was bad, The hood hinges need to be modified or it would not close right, I called glasstek and asked for advise the guy said he would not recommend that hood unless you pin it down. I ended up selling it. it had the 2in cowl and you have to modify the spring also it would close but when you hit a bump it would pop up.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
sergio said:
FE3X CLONE said:
BuWaGone said:
Harwood only make pin on

I got a hood from Glasstek for my dads 86 442, the fit was bad, The hood hinges need to be modified or it would not close right, I called glasstek and asked for advise the guy said he would not recommend that hood unless you pin it down. I ended up selling it. it had the 2in cowl and you have to modify the spring also it would close but when you hit a bump it would pop up.

With the stock hood springs my hood bowed and didn't close good. I got light weight springs from Unlimited Products that they make for their hood, the only UP product I put on my car. The springs had enough tension to hold the hood open but still closed easily and there was no bowing. Another option is to leave the hinges but remove the springs and use a prop rod.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
When the hell is a company going to make a decent 2" cowl hood for a cutlass? I know I am dreaming but I want to make a 2" cowl hood that is functional and has groove that i could bend and install factory hood trim down the center.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Does VFN have a 2" inch hood? I seen a 4" hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor