cutlass limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
I've decided that since i've been a member for a while and finally started putting work into my cars it's time to start a project thread.

I'm currently in the process of stripping my 84 cutlass and saving up top put my regal on the road. My current plan is to replace the nose cone with the cutlass one and replace the 3.4 with a sbc 355 untill i get the v6 running good. I managed to get each car for 500 a piece and once i stirp the 84 cully i'll be wokring on my regal and 88 cutlass.

This is my parts cutlass
31760_1409823719989_1064348573_31201674_3305241_n.jpg

This is the project regal. Untill i can afford to replace the cutlass nose cone with a regal one I'll probably call it the Cutlass limited.
61.jpg

51.jpg

21.jpg

41.jpg

31.jpg

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
The parts car looks better than the "project" car - :?:

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
It's all due to the picture. I'll pulled up the back carpet and it looks like a swiss floor and the trunk is gone as well. The 1/4's are going bad and the only saving grase to the car is that it was painted 3 years before i bought it but all the paint job did was hide the horribly body work. Paint job was also horrible. When i pull down the licsens plate it's all white. He even painted over all the stickers on the trunk lid and vin on the doors and managed to get it on the door trim.

I'll be taking better pictures of the cars tomorrow to show the good and bad.

The regal looks bad but the floor only has very very very minimal surfcae rust that can be brushed off and 1 dine sized hole in the back seat floor and the trunk wheel well.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Yesterday i spent a couple minutes out side getting the bolts off the buick's nose come, later tomorrow i'll be working on getting the bumber and last nuts off.

The cutlass is still giving me problems with the front clip due to the last bolt being stripped and not wanting to come off.

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
So you're going to strip that cutlass down for parts for the Regal? Then you're going to get more parts for the Cutlass and restore it again? Dude that Cutty looks to be in decent shape, why not get Regal parts at the Pull a Part or something?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Sorry about the confusion, I'm stripping the 84 cutlass i have so i can use parts for my 85 regal, 88 cutlass supreme and my cousin's 84 brougham.

The 84 cutlass needs new floors, 1/4's, trunk floor and the guy who owned it before did a horrible body job on it so now 'm scared of what i may find under the rest of the car. So i'm using it as a parts car because it has a pretty good interior and a good 305. I'll upload all the photos of it so you guys will see why i'm parting it in a few days when i have some free time.

The regal though only needs 2 holes in the floor patched and minor work to the fenders and i have all the parts to get it on the road sooner.

I've tried the Upicks, kijiji.ca, usedpei.com, and "by,sell and trades" looking for parts but where i am there are 4 regals that i know of including mine and no one is parting them out plus i can't afford the price of a new nose cone, grill, and headlight bezzals for the regal so for now i'm using the nose cone off the cutlass.

I live in Atlantic Canada and regals are scarse here so parts are very limited especially in PEI. My plan is to eventually save up for a regal nose cone but for now if i atleast put the cutlass one on it will keep my ambition up so i don't quit on it.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
PEI? My wife is a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan - let me know If you have a very hard-to-find part. We have tons of Regals in Florida. I might be able to help.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't want to sound like a dick, but to be honest, putting the cutlass nose on there just to replace it again later sounds like a big waste of time to me.
Let the fact that it looks shitty be your motivation instead, since it's perfectly drivable as is...

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
LS1GN said:
PEI? My wife is a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan - let me know If you have a very hard-to-find part. We have tons of Regals in Florida. I might be able to help.

Awesome man, thanks for the offer. If i need anything i'll let you and probably ship you some Anne of Green Gables chocolate or something to give her.

Blake442 said:
I don't want to sound like a dick, but to be honest, putting the cutlass nose on there just to replace it again later sounds like a big waste of time to me.
Let the fact that it looks shitty be your motivation instead, since it's perfectly drivable as is...

I'm using it right now as my motivation, i already want to start saving up to replace the other parts it may need aside from the obvious. I'm kind of wanting to put the cutlass front clip on because i don't think they'll allow inspection with broken bezzels and no grill on PEI but also because i love cutlasses and i think it would be kinda of cool because i don't see it very often.

Also money is real tight right now with getting my truck on the road and saving for college so i'm using the nose cone because i already have it and if it saves me money now i'm fine with taking it off down the road and putting a regal nose cone back on because i love working on the cars even if it's taking off a bolt or two.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Fair enough... I guess I might be spoiled with no inspections here in MN...

The nice part is you can just swap the whole clip in one piece and it's only like 8 bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor