dash panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

84H/O

Apprentice
Jul 7, 2007
How is the dash panel easily removed, i would like some pointers before just tearing into it thanks

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Can you be more specific. Are you talking about taking the whole dash out? Or just the gauges panel, radio panel, etc. Also which G-Body do you have, there are some differnces in the dash.

84H/O

Apprentice
Jul 7, 2007
i mean like the entire thing, im going to change it from tan to black, its a 1980 cutlass, it seems real similar to other dashes in later g-bodies that ive seen, ive got the rest of the interior gutted except for the dash.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Grand Prix/Am/Lemans totally different.
You do know you can spray the dash, right?

84H/O

Apprentice
Jul 7, 2007
i know i can spray it, thats the plan, i found some real good stuff in Hot Rod from a couple years ago, i was just thinking that there'd be some relatively similar way, or procedures

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Grand Prix/Am/Lemans totally different.

Most certainly are!!! I have an 84 GP and once had an 81 Cutlass (4 dr).

Anyway, from my memory:

- pry out all woodtrim pieces. There's screws hidden behind them
- the headlight switch on the 80 is a pull out type. There is a clip you need
to pop out with a slotted scre driver.
- take out radio
- Instrument cluster needs to come out. The speedo clip can be a b*tch sometimes
-There's bolts at the bottom near the kick panel that need removed

Personally, if you don't care about "original", I would swap in a GP dash. I think they were the collest dashes, plus they leave a lot open to do what you want. Here's a link to a GP dash into a MCSS:

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/u ... 674&page=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor