Does anyone know where a Regal's horn relay is? (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
My 84 Regal currently does not have a working horn. I pulled off the steering wheel cover and used a length of wire to test there and no joy. I touched the horn lead under the hood directly with current and it sounded.

According to a diagram I found online yesterday (but can't seem to find any more), the fuse that the horn goes through is labeled something like "Crtsy - Dome". I checked my fuse box, and not only is there no fuse in that slot, but there isn't even a connector for the fuse! It's a totally empty socket in the plastic. Oddly enough, the dome light works...

Any ideas what's going on here?

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
did you check all your fuses? if you have power probe/ohm meter check and see if the horn wire is completing a circuit. if you are not completing the circuit my guess would be the contacts under the turn signal switch are dirty or really corroded. if you dont want to go thru all that you can purchase a universal horn button from any parts house and wire it up to your horn.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It could also be the horn relay that has died. Unfortunately, I forget where it is located at this time. I know that it used to be a main bus point in the system in older GM cars, but am unsure where it is on a G body.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Okay, I just spent a hour upside-down looking for the damn relay. Anyone know where they hid this thing on a 1984 Regal?

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Plugged into what, exactly? I had a mirror and flashlight under there and I didn't see anything that looked like the new relay I bought.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Kick panel = that piece of plastic by the pedals? If so, then yes.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Here are some pics of the area. Am I just blind?

2294413351_7f515e908d.jpg

2294413355_e80f30729b.jpg

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Naw check the side kick panel there like where the hood release is, check under that, I think that is where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor