Does my 1980 have the TH400/2004r holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I want to put in a 2004r and all the research I have found says that I only need to move my existing trans crossmember and the th2004r will fit. However I have seen a few instances where they say the Cutlass did not have those holes already drilled. Did the 80 have them? And what would they look like? Anyone have a picture of where I need to move it?

Thanks!
AC

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Your frame doesn't have the provisions for the 200 r4. There is an extension on the driver side frame so the cross member can be mounted further back. I believe that started around 83, but I could be wrong. If you buy an after market cross member, some come with a piece of steel to move the cross member back.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
fraido2002 said:
Your frame doesn't have the provisions for the 200 r4. There is an extension on the driver side frame so the cross member can be mounted further back. I believe that started around 83, but I could be wrong. If you buy an after market cross member, some come with a piece of steel to move the cross member back.

thanks! Any idea who makes those?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
iceman crossmembers is the best deal around and fit like a glove for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor