Does this look safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
This car is allowed to go down the track. Does this look safe to you. This is a 1989 Mustang. I saw this and was applauded. Very scary looking. There is so much wrong with this car. He cut the front frame out and welded in "Black" pipe from home depot, thats just 1 thing. He also cut a 55 gallon drum in half and is using it for his wheel tubs in the back.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 611

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wouldn't drive that anywhere.. :shock:

I know drag cars are not build like circle track cars but that looks scary

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
The nitrous system is off of a BBC intake, he tweaked the lines to work on this....He doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator so he toggles the fuel pump on and off by hand. :wtf:

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
That is some damn fine engineering!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks like he has a deathwish... damn thing'll crumple up quick if its gets sideways or lifts and slams down.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It looks like a POS hackjob.

Rusty Nutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2014
Jonesborough Tn
Complete hack job. I would tear it all down and start over or salvage what I could.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Whats the chance if he hit the wall hard that one of the pipes would push right through the drivers compartment? Or is that a crumple zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor