Door Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Reaching out to the G-Body Gurus and Monte Carlo Masterminds because I am stumped and Google is of no help. My door handles are shot, the car is in the body shop for some body work and paint and I figure its as good a time as any to swap out my sloppy handles for some new ones. I have the replacement handles picked out but I also came across this part:

http://www.dixiemontecarlo.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM30006&d=159&nq=0&p=1&sz=50

is this part crucial to the operation of the door handle? Where does it go? What does it do? Do I really need it?

Granted I'm posting on the forum about parts that would cost me 17 bucks plus shipping. The way I see it, if I can keep that cash in pocket, thats a case of beer.

Any help is appreciated.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Can you use the ones that are on your old ones? Thats what I did. I wouldnt put new handles on without using them but thats just me.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to call the guy working on my car because I am not sure if I even have these things on the handles or in the door. I have had the door handles off in the past because the linkage inside the door broke off (my brother closes car door as if he were the Incredible Hulk and slammed the door so hard once everything inside came unbuttoned) and did not notice this part.

I will try to get someone from Dixie Monte on the phone tomorrow to see if they can shed some light on this. I'll post back with what I find out.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
They sit under the door handle on the actual door itself. Its the black thing behind the door handle. When I put new door handles on mine I didnt try them without it so I cant tell you exactly if it would be fine to go without them or not.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
I called the folks at Dixie Monte this morning (a pleasure to work with) who informed me that this rubber gasket sits behind the exterior door handle and basically protects the handle from getting at the paint and provides a snug fit for the handle itself. Given that car is in the shop for some paint and body work I ante'd up and Dixie Monte is sending me a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor