Door Panel Mylar "Hockey Sticks" Bright Trim

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
Looking for those chromey strips along the top of the door panel for 85 El Camino.

My panels are OK but the bright trim is flaking off and looks rough.

I can't seem to find only the bright trim, and I don't need complete new $500 replacement panels.

Thanks for tips!

Attachments

• DoorTrim.jpg
    DoorTrim.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I haven't looked for replacements but all of my chrome is flaking off too. I thought we were stuck coming up with our own solution but I'm all ears if someone knows where to get new trim.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's pretty common finding the Mylar trim to peel and flake. I'd also be open to see what solutions there are out there. I assume there's a Mylar film that could be trimmed and applied.

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
It's pretty common finding the Mylar trim to peal and flake. I'd also be open to see what solutions there are out there. I assume there's a Mylar film that could be trimmed and applied.
I'm curious if the "chrome" vinyl wrap material would be a viable solution- the stuff you'd wrap a fiberglass bumper with.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Somebody used to offer the mylar tape to fix this.....don't see it listed anywhere, but maybe this?

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
this issue has been brought up before, just can't remember if it was here or on the El Camino forum. iirc, you use mylar tape with a small plastic stylus and carefully and slowly apply it. the other option , iirc, is to use a chrome paint-pen

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor