drive shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioelcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
well guys the bb is almost ready to fire up and i went to put the driveshaft in and yes i forgot it is too long. if i had a driveshaft shop near i could get it cut but i dont . does anyone know of a driveshaft from another car that will fit and yes im using the th400

thanks

fil

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
With my TH400 I had to use a driveshaft from a late 70s Monza. Im not sure of the difference between our wheel bases though.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I have a driveshaft that was cut for the th-400 that has the 400 yoke and it has been balanced as well. It's sitting around in my garage collecting dust. I don't need it anymore as I went with the 700r4 transmission. BTW, Your location in your sig would help your cause..Only saying 8)

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Measure your drive shaft and figure how much shorter you need it. Then head down to the bone yard with tape measure in hand. I'll bet you'll find one. Plus, you can pick up the correct yoke while your there if you don't already have it. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor