Driveability Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
First Im running a Edelbrock 600 carb on my mild sbc 350. It idles fine at 1k, when I put it in gear, its still dropping to 4-550 rpm. Ive tried my timing everywhere from 10 to 20 intial. Its currently at 17intial and about 32-34 all in 2500. A guy I know actually had it running good, both in gear and idle. I checked his work and to find out he had the initial at 30. there wasnt any pinging I could hear. Ive never heard pinging before though.

It seems the lower initial timing the choppier my idle is. Also the higher the intial timing, when put in gear the more rpm it holds even when the idle in park is set to 1k.

**NOT A VAC LEAK ANYWHERE.

chevyman454

Greasemonkey
May 20, 2010
Citrus springs . FL
have you played with the fuel mixure screws? with the engine off run them all the way in then turn them both out 1 1/2 turns out. after you get it running. see how it runs. if you need to turn them out a little bit more. your car shoul idle around 800-850 in park and around 600-650 in drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor