Driver courtesy light location 1978 malibu

4elatemodel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2023
Hey guys,
I've had the dash out of my car for a few months and recently got it placed back in (wooo!) I was underneath eyeballing where things were and moving wires around. My car has (might not be orginal?) Courtesy lights on both foot wells. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the driver one clips into. If you can explain/post pictures that would be awesome

Thanks,
Lou

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Picture is looking from the fire wall. Yellow arrow is the mount tab where the bottom of the dash bolts to the body. Should be a 10mm bolt and likely has some ground terminals and wires attached.

If you place your hand palm up under the dash just to the right of the e brake handle and curl your fingers around to touch the top of the dash frame you can feel the metal frame, reach further back to the wide part of the steel frame and you should feel the two holes that the light plugs into.

C Light.png

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor