Power Front Seats-Drivers/Passenger

hindy5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2008
I have been trying to find power seat tracks/accessories for my 87 regal (driver and passenger) for years without success. Want to go from manual to power. Does anyone happen to know where I can find them or who to talk to or a resource? Can find drivers side things (somewhat) but nothing for the passenger side. Any assistance would be appreciated and can I use my existing seats to convert or do I have to get other seats?
TY

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
"Can find drivers side things (somewhat) but nothing for the passenger side".

I do not believe there was ever a passenger side option for a power seat in a Gbody.
I have Cerullo buckets in both my cars and used 4 driver's side power bases and modified them to fit both pairs of bucket seats, Gbody seats would be easier to modify since the bases are a direct bolt on and you would either have to fabricate a plate to mount the control unit like I did or mount it somewhere else and have to extend the wiring.

20220601_154700 (1).jpg
20220730_163804.jpg

IMG_2137.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I once had a Grand Prix power driver seat from a 60/40 set. Not bad, but the controls on the side were hard to reach. I now have a 1995 LaSabre power seat base with 1994 Firebird buckets on it. For the base I had to make some holes but the Firebird seat bolted right to the power base. From what I can see the base would work on either side. Just be sure to get the controls!!! I like the ones that are on the armrest because they can then be fitted wherever you want. I usually mount my controls on the center console.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I just used a completely different seat altogether. These are from a 2008 BMW two door. I may have been able to attach these frames onto the factory seats but I had a 60/40 split bench and wanted buckets. I did have to mace a conversion bracket to put these seat frames to the factory floor mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
We were discussing this on the 1rst gen Firebird site. They make seat track extensions. They bolt to the normal spots, and the seat then bolts to the new holes. As someone pointed out, you can make the holes/bolts be anywhere you want. So the OEM floor nuts are used for integrity, but you mount your seat track to wherever works for that seat.
sum-740001-blk_xl.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor