El Camino Meets Cutlass Has anyone seen this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
not gonna lie i think all these variations of elky's are pretty cool

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
First, this is not just because I am a Pontiac guy. :wink:

I don't like the "long nose" cars. The Pontiac or early g-bodys (78-79-80) have a shorter/blunter nose which goes better with the lines of the El.

I just think the later front clip make the car look too nose heavy and out of proportion.

Still neat though.

Also that is a Grand Am nose , the LeMans is flater in the front.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i live in omaha nebraska and there is a place called motorpool auto sales and we have always known the guy to have a crap load of nice elcaminos in there at any time. anyways my buddy was getting serious about getting a elky so we stopped in there and started talking to the guy. he told us that he did all of choo choo customs prototypes and took us into his shop where they were building a "grand camino" and had a pretty decent gn stripped down and the front clip, motor, transmission and rear swapped into the elky and they were working body lines on it, it looked sweet, it may be the one pictured above? the guy then pulls out this book of all the elks he had built, there had to be over 100 of them. told us that he had designed the lumina front clip conversion for the elk for choo choo and they had asked him to do several since then including the grand camino. guy seemed pretty cocky but he knew what he was talking about and was full of information. he had done about every front end conversion on a elk that i have heard of. he had z28 elcamino sitting there that was pretty cool, camaro front end with a body kit to match a z28 and had a tpi 350 swaped in, it was pretty nice! he also had some very clean stock or mild custom ones in there that he was selling for what i though were fair prices. also there was a guy i ran into at the salvage yard that put the cutlass header onto a elk but he had cut the fenders to swap it in so that it didnt have the cutlass body line or wheel well, it looked decent but i could see the seams a little but i have a eye for that kinda stuff.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The Le Mans is the easiest one to do as all you need are a hood, a header panel and a bumper. The fenders are the same.

Nope, different fenders, too. Pontiacs are vertical at the header, Chevs are cut back as they go down. Wheel opening is different as well on the front. Pontiacs are rounder, the Chevs have a "flatter on top" opening.

Oct 11, 2014
Cutlass Parts Unlimited is going to start a Cutmino build next week for me like in this picture and in the june they are going to make it a right hand drive conversion also like the right hand conversions in Australia ....

ae9tli.jpg

14j6b00.jpg

2qjiumw.jpg

169gvas.jpg

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Not feeling any of these at all. Two perfectly good cars cannibalized to build 1 mediocre 1-off? It's blasphemy to this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor