Electrical trouble help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Is there anyone who can tell me where this wire is going ? It's from a 79 Malibu wagon. The previous owner completly dissmantled the car and gave up... Under dash wiring is a pain to figure out wher everything is going... SOS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 231

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The white plastic connector looks to go the white square junction box mounted above the fusebox. The ring is a ground wire.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Well i found out last night that the junction box is missing. :( that's probably why i cant plug in the rest of the cross body harness.. Tryed to compair my harness with my 81 Cutlass, but it seems that they are not alike..

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks like the power seat connector. I bet that wire is just long enough to go from the fuse block to right around the left front seat bracket. The ring on the black wire (GND), is usually screwed to the froor brace. The black connector on the orange/black wire usually plugs into a corresponding pigtail coming off of the fuse block.

GMNorway

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2011
Looks like the power seat connector. I bet that wire is just long enough to go from the fuse block to right around the left front seat bracket. The ring on the black wire (GND), is usually screwed to the froor brace. The black connector on the orange/black wire usually plugs into a corresponding pigtail coming off of the fuse block.

Thanx!
It was the wiring to the power seats! :).

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor