For those with Holley swap kit, how close is the rear coil to the AC box?

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I would prefer someone who swapped a cutlass, but would like to hear experiences with other models as well. I've heard of the rear coilpack needing to be relocated. Why is this? Is the wire connection too close to the AC box? Is the coil bracket too close to the AC box? I may be moving the engine slightly forward for another issue but wondering if moving it forward would also help with coil clearance there.

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
I would prefer someone who swapped a cutlass, but would like to hear experiences with other models as well. I've heard of the rear coilpack needing to be relocated. Why is this? Is the wire connection too close to the AC box? Is the coil bracket too close to the AC box? I may be moving the engine slightly forward for another issue but wondering if moving it forward would also help with coil clearance there.
I am interested in this also.

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
I downloaded a pic of a 6.0 LS engine in a 85 Cutlass and see that the coilpaks are not relocated.
6.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I am interested in this also.
I actually just ended up going with the dirty dingo mounts and gforce gen 2 crossmember & adjustable trans mount. Everything else is Holley (accessory drive, manifolds, exhaust, etc.) and is very close alignment wise. I like the adjustability to move the engine forward a little. Plus the gforce gen 2 crossmember is a way better design than the Hooker crossmember.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor