Fresh Fish! new member

Godlike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2024
Wisconsin
Thanks guys! I love this car. My first one is what made me love 4 doors. I searched Craigslist for a long time for this thing. It was a California car that someone drove to Chicago and sold. Super clean frame and sheet metal! Its a bit of a hood rat up close with some small dents, a cheap paint job, and scabbed together exhaust but It sounded great, and looks good. Tastefully cobbled well call it. This is going to be a big project and progress will be slow.
I was going to try a cheap Ls swap in an 88 supra to give me something to drive while the Bonnie was down but fell in love with that car too. I sold the donor camaro I had, and bought a 2jZ. I plan on swapping a T56mag into that. Now that the supra is turning into a not so simple project the Bonneville moves up the list!
Its mostly stock with a built 3:73 7.5" rear end that I will replace at some point. This thing flops around pretty bad at autocross right now with blown shocks but im pretty happy with the front sway bar and the street handling on GTA wheels. I also think the steering ratio is perfect. Maybe someone already swapped in some Monty parts...
Having the same gauge bezel as a Prix I bought an NVU gauge set which was pretty much drop in. I have a stock powertrain to go in, an Efi sniper fuel tank w/pump, holley mounts, pan and X member good start anyways. Ill start a build thread when there is some progress.

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks guys! I love this car. My first one is what made me love 4 doors. I searched Craigslist for a long time for this thing. It was a California car that someone drove to Chicago and sold. Super clean frame and sheet metal! Its a bit of a hood rat up close with some small dents, a cheap paint job, and scabbed together exhaust but It sounded great, and looks good. Tastefully cobbled well call it. This is going to be a big project and progress will be slow.
I was going to try a cheap Ls swap in an 88 supra to give me something to drive while the Bonnie was down but fell in love with that car too. I sold the donor camaro I had, and bought a 2jZ. I plan on swapping a T56mag into that. Now that the supra is turning into a not so simple project the Bonneville moves up the list!
Its mostly stock with a built 3:73 7.5" rear end that I will replace at some point. This thing flops around pretty bad at autocross right now with blown shocks but im pretty happy with the front sway bar and the street handling on GTA wheels. I also think the steering ratio is perfect. Maybe someone already swapped in some Monty parts...
Having the same gauge bezel as a Prix I bought an NVU gauge set which was pretty much drop in. I have a stock powertrain to go in, an Efi sniper fuel tank w/pump, holley mounts, pan and X member good start anyways. Ill start a build thread when there is some progress.
Whats the supra looking like?

Godlike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2024
Wisconsin
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor