BUILD THREAD Front inner fender well

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Finally getting some work going on my ElCamino. Putting in the 2” lowering springs and found something I’m just not sure is supposed to be there but is long gone from previous owners. Inside the inner wheel wells in front of the tire (left side pictured) I have a tab that is hard plastic. Passenger side has nothing. Shouldn’t there be a hard plastic filler panel? And hopefully it’s not a million dollars new or hard junkyard find. Any pictures to show how it should be would be great! FYI: saw nothing on this after 20 site pages not for trying!😵‍💫
IMG_5692.jpeg
IMG_5693.jpeg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Malibu and Camino had a liner extension that attached there. Commonly missing. Pretty simple piece, just flat plastic with the tab bent over and bolted to bottom of fender.

Been so long since I saw one installed, can't remember how it attaches at the top, but think it was 2 points, either bolted or push pins

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Reactions: 1 user

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Malibu and Camino had a liner extension that attached there. Commonly missing. Pretty simple piece, just flat plastic with the tab bent over and bolted to bottom of fender.

Been so long since I saw one installed, can't remember how it attaches at the top, but think it was 2 points, either bolted or push pins
I have nos shields. Bill. WV

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH

Figure on making it look correct instead of an empty space. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor