Fuel guage not working correctly

henrynchlt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2023
I have a 87 Cutlass Salon with the Ralley Guages. I pulled the cluster out just far enough to change bulbs and reinstalled it and now my fuel guage goes past full to completely horizontal as soon as it gets power. I checked the ground on the speedo cable, removed the cluster and checked for breaks on the circuit board and cleaned all contact points and tightened screws behind the guaged after cleaning under them. Still the same? What has caused this just from changing the bulbs. Any help appreciated.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You've got an open in your fuel electrical circuit somewhere.

I can't imagine you messing with the guages and something happening to the sending unit. So that's super unlikely.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
i had a problem with the cluster push in connector not making good contact check for cracks in the dash part that holds the connector i think i was able to reach from behind and push the plug into the cluster

Reactions: 1 users

henrynchlt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2023
i had a problem with the cluster push in connector not making good contact check for cracks in the dash part that holds the connector i think i was able to reach from behind and push the plug into the cluster
I'll check that. Thanks

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor