gauge replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
Has any one been able to fit “cheep” sunpro gauges in to replace there stock gauges? Just looking for size I think I would need 1.25” to fit we sell a nice set of 1.5” at my sec job << work at a autoparts store to
if any one has pics that would help thanks..
I am only looking to replace the middle 4 “volts, oil psi, temp, and fuel...

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
I wondered that myself. I have a regal and would like to replace the noisy in dash clock with a tach, looks like it'll fit but I haven't tried it yet.

gm_ryder

n00b
May 21, 2012
Idk but i equus got them Walmart gauges for 45 n dummy the Lights places but they have 2.5 tach. That fits good. I spent 165 For all the gauges I hope this help you

Attachments

• 390-6086.jpg
    390-6086.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 390-6200.jpg
    390-6200.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 614

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What size are your speedo and tach, 3 3/8"? From what I've ascertained , the 5" tach and speedo look like they would fit the opening a little better. I have a Pontiac dash that I plan on installing.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
yes my speedo and tach are 3-3/8"...they fit in the stock opening with a little work...to go 5 inch you would have to make you own housing for them to sit in and they probably will not align with the opening in the trim

*Edit*

I guess you could fit 5 inch, but would they fit recessed like the others? or more flush with the trim?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks guys.
It looks good either way. Whether they're mounted flush or recessed. I would prefer mounting mine recessed like the original gauges. I have even considered using the stock Pontiac tach and speedo. However, the under dash wiring had been cut when I removed the dash. I just assumed I'd be using aftermarket gauges anyway. That was a bit of a mistake.. :oops:
BTW, your gauges look good in there.. :wink:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
pontiacgp said:
Jack, the speedo and tach would be a 5". He has the same dash I have in my GP
I also used a 5" spedo and tach in my GP dash and they fit perfect. I also used 2 5/8ths accesory gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor