gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
The posts above have great info on troubleshooting & fixing what could be the problems indicated by your gauges, but if you want to be absolutely sure the problem is not with the gauges, maybe want a cosmetic restoration of the gauge faces at the same time, and are afraid of screwing-it-up by doing it yourself -- then using a professional service is not a bad way to go.

A few years ago I needed the speedometer repaired/restored for my '67 Mustang, had a very good experience with D&M Restoration (dandmrestoration.com) -- I was even able to talk with the tech who did the work when I asked over the phone what exact repairs they'd done. Be forewarned it takes a few weeks, though -- the turnaround for my speedometer was 2 weeks but that was November/December, which I was led to believe is a slower period of demand for their work.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Follow-up: eventually, the Granny Pac will be replaced by a Rallye Pac, I had D&M (see my post from October) restore a Rallye I'd picked-up so I'm reasonably certain it will work if the swap is done correctly. Impressive off the bat is how good it looks after the included cosmetic restoration, below are before/after shots of the tachometer and the smaller gauges.
tachometerCompare.jpg gaugeCompare.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor