gbody + M20 muncie = where can i get a bellhousing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
recently since I got the 400 out Iv been looking around for a muncie to do the swap... I just found a muncie on craigslist for a decent price that looks decent and I know I'm going to have to get a drive shaft made to fit yadayadayada and I'm not 100% on the crossmember yet but anyways, does anyone know where I can find a bellhousing and which one I need.... to my knowledge which, can easily be wrong, I need a bellhousing from any Gbody that had a manual right and that would bolt right up to the muncie right?

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok
there's one on ebay right now complete every nut & bolt,pedals etc. also the 84 to 88 corvette & the 1982 camaro bellhousing will work, type in gbody bellhousing on the internet alot of cool stuff comes up
good luck

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
When I did a 4 speed swap on my old GP (Pontiac engine), I used a bell housing from a 70s Firebird, pedals and linkage from a 70s Nova, and used the stock xmember and driveshaft (went from TH350 to a M-22 Muncie). For my shifter I used a Hurst Super Street Shifter. I had no console, but a bench. And it all cleared.

I had an issue with the shifter linkage rubbing on the transmission tunnel, was an easy fix with a hammer. But it's good to know before installing it, so you don't have to remove it just to hammer the transmission tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor