Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yep! You should be good to go.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
First of all, what shape is it in? Any looseness in the tilt, etc.? Does it include the key? Is it complete with turn signal switch and stalk? What is he asking for it?
A fair price would be anything from $75.00 up to $150. the most. I think $100. is a good ball park figure.
Let him start with a price and work from there.
Good luck!

One more question. What's wrong with your column?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
83hurst-olds said:
Longroof79 said:
One more question. What's wrong with your column?

I am betting someone tried (or succeeded) to jack his ride. I think that is how 99% of these get messed up...
=========================================================================================================
Funny, I had that same thought in back of my mind.

original442

Apprentice
Sep 11, 2010
Grand Prairie, Texas
my column is all busted up....someone stole the car from the guy who originally had the car.
i cant even lock it with the key out, cant turn on my brights without pushing the rod with my finger.
im going to go look at the one for sale today. he's asking 175 for it with the key.
is there a way to see if there is any looseness in it?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It would be easier to check while still in the car with steering wheel attached. However, if it's out of the car, I suppose you can lay it down on something, grab the column end in one hand and the upper end of the column (above the tilt portion) ...or temporarily stick a wheel on it and look for play using the same method.
I think you can obviously tell if it's loose and isn't quite right.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
original442 said:
thanks...i dont think im gonna get it...bills come first
=========================================================================================================
Yes, bills do come first, unfortunately. I think you could probably find one more reasonably priced. They're out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor