going to the track sat but another what will she run guess,

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
near london ontario canada
motor is a fresh rebuilt 350 4 bolt main, 30 over with flat tops,camel hump heads with screw in studs and guide plates(ported and polish,bowels cleaned up)1.5 roller rockers,arp head bolts, comp cams hardened pushrods, comp cam 280H cam,edelbrock rpm intake, holley 750 carb,350 transmission with 2000 stall,rear gear i know is gonna hurt me as its a 2.73 with a posi, car is pretty much all stock, gonna run it saturday and see what it runs to get my base line then work on switching out rear and such,

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: going to the track sat but another what will she run gue

your in London, we race at Delaware so where are you racing what's the schedule? With the set up you have it should be fun to see what you can do with it. You're basically in a no lose position...

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

going to the bend, opening day is saturday, ya, im hoping to pull a high 13, but never know, i tried hard to match everything lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

when you're looking for a new rear let me know cause I might be able to help you. I also have a friend who has a couple of daughters racing and he is known for setting up cars for the track. He is also known for his carb magic and can built you a qjet to match any engine you have...he's got my carb as we speak and I don't even drag race.. :mrgreen:

Elky81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2012
Surrey,British Columbia.Canada

I have a 327 with that 280 Comp Cam(great cam!) and almost identical heads etc....and i can tell you that the 280 Comp Cam comes alive at 2500 rpm and pulls like a b*st*rd up to about 6000-6500 rpm.I had a 2500 stall in my turbo 350 which
worked perfectly with the cam.I had 3:08 gears and it was a dog.I changed those out for 4:56 and it was a rocket......light to light,forget any highway.I later replaced those with 4:10's and that was a very nice set up(not great
for a very long highway cruise but i rarely hit the highway.I have since sold the '66 Chevy II SS that i had that in,but i
have saved the engine,transmission etc and will be putting it all in my '81 El Camino later on this year.

Anyway,my point being your set up is quite nice but those 2:73's will disappoint you for sure with that cam....be sure
to post your times because i am very curious to see what she does! :D

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

will do, ya i know the gears are gonna hurt it, but want a baseline to compare to for when i do change them,

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

one good thing with those gears you won't run out of motor...and you'll have fun doing it.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada

my car, 350, flattop pistons, 282S (solid cam, equivalent to the 284H), holley 750, single plane intake, crappy stall (stalls to about 2000rpm), and 3.42 gears
ran 13.6@103mph on tires. There was no traction on the 60ft, had to put 150lbs on the trunk to manage under 13.9sec
ran 13.1@105mph on slicks, could probably see a 12.9sec with shorter slicks

I say... if it's your first time out with that setup, you're using street tires, and your 2.73 gearing... you should see mid to low 14s.

once you get some practice and get familiar with the car (tune, shift points, launching), you should see high 13s on tires. Mid to low 13s on slicks.

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

killing me waiting till saturday lol, i will have video of outing to

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008

well ran it,and will say i have a baseline now, car wouldnt launch for the life of me, 60 foot times really sucked,car just didnt pull until 3000, then it came to life and would pull to 6000, hell lol i was crossing the line in 2nd gear at 5800rpm
but heres my best time,

60' 2.76
330' 6.545
1/8 9.54
mph 78.60
990 12.021
1/4 14.001
mph 103.30

so ya time for rear end update lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor