Good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Just wanted to share that I had a really good day today. I had about a half hour to sit at home between getting off work and going to pick up my son. It just so happened that my daughter(just turned 10 months) decided to stand up in the middle of the romm and take her first steps. She got 2 1/2 in before she fell, lol. I fealt really lucky to have been home when it happened, especially given the narrow time frame I was there.
Then I go and get my boy, and see I had a missed call while I was out of the call. It was my girlfriend calling to say that one of the places I had put in an app was calling me. So after a real quick phone call back, I have an interview set up for tomorrow! Sounds like it may only be part-time but hopefully it will get my off this damn route i'm running.
Now I hope my luck holds on for the rest of the weekend, with the interview Saturday and the swap meet Sunday!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
:banana:

Good luck dude!

I was finally offered a job yesterday after months and months of not even being able to get an interview... I'm pumped!
Now I'll finally have some money to piss away on my cars again!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Thanks! And good luck to you too. It was killing me that I couldn't even get an interview. But the one I had today seemed to have went pretty well. Supposed to get a call Monday to set up a time for a drug screen.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Lil update. The call never came that Monday. I gave it til Wednesday before I called, and was told the HR lady was on vacation that week, that's we he never called. Well the following Monday(the 21st) I got a call to come and take the drug screen, went in Tuesday.....And today I got a call. I start next Thursday!!!!
Like I said before it's only part-time but at least it will pay the same or more than the route i'm running now and I won't use as much gas. So once again i'm a parts jockey only this time it is with NAPA.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Awesome! :banana:
They must all do it at the same time of year, because the HR lady where I was hired was on vacation all last week until today... :lol:
I already got the drug screen and background check out of the way, and it looks like I'll be starting on Monday!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Blake442 said:
Awesome! :banana:
They must all do it at the same time of year, because the HR lady where I was hired was on vacation all last week until today... :lol:
I already got the drug screen and background check out of the way, and it looks like I'll be starting on Monday!

That's pretty funny. And awesome! I think they would have started me right away but I need at least a week to get someone trained to take over my route. I'm under contract and will lose a 200 dollar bond if I don't give 30 days notice. Thankfully I have either my bro or a friend that will take it over for me.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Just finished my first day. It felt good. Now I just need to see if I can get a consistent schedule(part-time). I had another place call yesterday for an interview, still part-time, but now i'm having thought of trying to work both.
Napa and Harbor Freight, man i'd get discounts on buying all my essentials, lol!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
jrm81bu said:
Just finished my first day. It felt good. Now I just need to see if I can get a consistent schedule(part-time). I had another place call yesterday for an interview, still part-time, but now i'm having thought of trying to work both.
Napa and Harbor Freight, man i'd get discounts on buying all my essentials, lol!
Man if you got discounts to both you'd be set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor